Thursday, October 30, 2008

Week 34 To 35

Thursday, 34+0
Well, I am only 3 weeks away from "term" and 6 weeks or 42 days to my due date. I feel quite relaxed about it all and pretty organised, but I still have some outstanding things to do. We need to take a trip to Gibraltar so I can pop into Mothercare and get the last few bits for the baby and my hospital bag. It's virtually impossible to find the things I want in Spain which makes me wonder what on earth the spanish ladies use! We won't be able to get there until I'm 36 weeks though, so just hoping I don't go into labour while we're there.

I had a call from my doctor yesterday regarding my 3rd trimester blood results. The antibodies for the rhesus factor were negative, as was toxoplasmosis. All my other results of platelet levels, white blood cells etc were fine, except my haemoglobin levels again. They're not drastically low, they're at 10.5 and ideal is 12, but I've been advised to increase my iron supplements to twice a day for the duration of the pregnancy. I have another appointment next Thursday to look at the lay of the baby, cervical scan, swab test for group B strep and a lovely anti-d vaccination for being rhesus negative.

On a different note I feel very flu like again. Yesterday I thought I was coming down with something as I had a bunged up nose and sore throat and sure enough as the evening went on I started to feel worse. I felt very rough during the night, unable to breathe through my nose and every time I laid down heartburn would kick in. I spent most of the night propped up in a chair until the heartburn eventually subsided and I managed a few hours sleep. Needless to say I'm not feeling too hot this morning. My limbs ache all over, I have a headache, ache behind my eyes, exhausted and I feel like somebody has stuffed my head with cotton wool. I'm wrapped up in a duvet as I type and have no plans of leaving the sofa today, well except to go to the kitchen, bathroom or maybe back to bed!

Here is a bump picture taken at 34+2

Bump 34 2

No comments: