Friday, October 24, 2008

Week 33 To 34

Friday, 33+1
The baby went from being extremely active and kicking me to pieces, to very tranquil for a couple of days. I think it was growth spurt time as I was so tired and constantly hungry. Just when I was starting to worry about whether she was ok in there (although I had been listening to her heartbeat on the doppler), she started up the excessive kicking and wriggling again last night. I also believe she has turned towards anterior position as all I can feel on my right side now is feet. She must have been shifting around the last few days and now has her spine and bottom on my left hand side and feet towards the right. This is a more favourable position as it means she only has to rotate 90 degrees during labour to get into "proper" delivery position. Hopefully this will make for a shorter labour as she has less distance to turn and also in theory should be less painful as the back of her head will be away from my spine. Of course I know no labour is without pain, but every little bit helps! We were trying to video her moving around last night as it was so freaky looking. The feet were coming right up out of my stomach and it just looked so alien, but is so amazing too! I will try and upload some video footage soon.

Sunday 33+3
I've been waking up the last few nights by what I think are braxton hicks contractions. I think the baby is being particularly active during the night and when she moves now, due to her size and lack of space, she is setting the contractions off. When I wake up my tummy is so hard and if I try and move it really aches so I have to lay there until it passes. Last night was particularly bad as when I woke up I needed the toilet too, but was struggling to get out of bed. Chris had to get me up so I could go quickly! Once I'm up walking around though and been to the loo then it all settles down again. I've noticed during the day how hard my tummy goes when she moves now, and she seems to like to wriggle around a lot! I'm hoping she'll find a comfy position to stay in within the next couple of weeks and stop fidgeting so much!

Here are a couple of photos we took this evening.

Bump 33 3

Bump 33+3

No comments: