Thursday, July 31, 2008

Week 21 To 22

Thursday, 21+0
Time is really moving on now. Before I know it I'll be in the 3rd trimester! I had a lot of stretching pains over the last week and some on and off backache. The result of my latest urine sample is back and it is all clear for infections so I think the pains in my bladder and urgency to wee are more to do with the extra pressure of the expanding uterus. I guess it's one of those things which you have to put up with and which will only get worse the bigger I get. I had a few period type pains a couple of nights ago too, but again I think it's all to do with pressure and expansion.

The baby is getting stronger by the day and I feel her kicking me several times a day now, especially when I'm sitting down and relaxing after eating. Chris can feel her at odd times too, but normally she stops kicking whenever he touches my tummy. I guess she's a bit of a tease already! My bump seems to take on odd shapes too at times, depending on where she is laying. Sometimes it will be larger on one side than the other and then later on shift over to the other side. It's all very odd and feels a little alien, but I love it!

Tuesday, 21+5
Last night was the first night that I've been woken up by kicks. Until now I have slept pretty soundly the whole night. At about 4am this morning I was awoken by quite a bit of movement and some very strong kicking which lasted about an hour. She seemed to be kicking repeatedly in the same area and I actually felt slightly tender from it. I have noticed quite an increase in her activity levels today also. I'm sure she was probably always this active but now I am aware of it. I've also had an insatiable appetite today!

No comments: