Friday, August 8, 2008

Week 22 To 23

Friday, 22+1
Chris' family are over visiting us at the moment so I haven't been able to keep up on here so often. I'm having a lovely relaxing time, but have found that my skin is so sensitive to the sun. I used SPF 30 on Wednesday and sat by the pool for 2 hours maximum. I burnt on my chest and shoulders, and I even reapplied the sun cream a second time. I guess pregnancy really does affect the skins sensitivity. I'm taking no chances today and using SPF 60! I haven't uncovered my tummy though as I'm not sure how good sun exposure is for the baby. I don't want to take any chances so I'll live with a white middle.

The baby has been a little quieter the last couple of days. I'm not sure if it's the heat, whether she's going through a growth spurt and saving energy or whether she's just changed position. I don't feel overly worried though as she will still give me a few kicks a day and she has a very strong heartbeat on the doppler. I've also been quite a bit busier than normal so the chances are I've just missed the times when she's moving around. I've read that if you drink a glass of icy cold water then a baby should start to move and kick almost immediately. So I tried it yesterday evening and it worked instantly!

Tuesday, 22+5
I woke up this morning not feeling the best, although I'm much better now. My tummy felt swollen and full and I couldn't even think about eating breakfast. I think I'd gotten a little constipated over the last couple of days. Not very glamorous I know, but sadly a common side effect of pregnancy. Everything is starting to get more and more cramped up inside and the digestive tract slows down. The larger the baby gets, the worse it gets!

I think she has gone through a real growth spurt over the past few days. I thought she was due for one as I was so hungry for a few days, eating everything in sight, and then I noticed that she was quieter on the kicking front for a few days. She is now back kicking with a vengeance and my tummy has grown by a whole inch in a week! I noticed last night when we went out for dinner that my linen trousers which fitted perfectly well exactly a week before, now stop short of doing up by about an inch. I am feeling kicks all over today. High kicks to my stomach, which are usually swiftly followed by heartburn, followed by low kicks to the abdomen. This morning I could see my tummy moving outwards where she was kicking so I guess she is getting to be a strong little lady!

No comments: