Monday, July 7, 2008

Week 17 to 18

Monday, 17+4
I haven't been able to update for a while as I've been back in England and only arrived back to Spain late last night. It was lovely to have a break from the heat and to catch up with my family. We managed to fit in lots of baby shopping and I think our little girl is very nearly fully kitted out!

My tummy seemed to pop out on Thursday. When I arrived in the UK I had a small but noticeable bump but overnight it seemed to grow from nowhere and has turned into quite a large bump. It is also very prominent when I lay down whereas before it was always flat when I laid on my back. I think I have also started feeling the first signs of movement. I can't be entirely convinced yet until I get some definite kicks. It started with what felt like a couple of small flips and then almost like a vibrating sensation in my lower abdomen. I also felt my tummy twitch out a few times. I'm not sure if this is baby movements or "things" just on the move in there. It would be nice to know for sure. The babies heartbeat is really clear and strong and averaging around 150bpm.

No comments: