Friday, July 18, 2008

Week 19 To 20

Friday, 19+1
Finally I have reached the half way stage! I can't believe that now I am on the countdown to meet our baby. I'm so excited! We have the 20 week anomaly scan on Thursday which I just want to get out of the way and be told everything is good so I can relax and enjoy the final stages of pregnancy. I'm getting so much bigger now, must post a new photo, and I'm finding it hard work getting around at times. I have had a lot of ligament stretching since Wednesday. It feels uncomfortable at times in my lower abdomen with regular mild stretching pains but I'm pretty certain it's normal and all part of the process.

I think I am finally getting proper gentle kicks too! Yesterday we went to Gibraltar for the day and I was leaning forward in the car and felt a couple of distinct prods in my tummy. Also lying in bed last night I felt a couple more so I put my hand on my tummy and could feel the baby move underneath at the same time as I felt the prod internally. I called Chris in and he managed to feel one before she either changed positions or stopped! Finally I think I'm getting the reassurance I need that things are going well, but I have to say it is one of the strangest experiences!

Monday, 19+4
After the initial flurry of prods I haven't really felt much for the last couple of days. I maybe feel two or three a day at most. I'm not sure if she's moved position and with an anterior placenta she has to be in just the right spot for me to feel them. I guess they'll start getting stronger soon as she grows. I went to acupuncture this morning as my anxiety has been playing up again. I had a lovely relaxing session and afterwards the acupuncturist checked my blood pressure and it is now down to 120/70 which I am so much happier about. It will be interesting to see what it is on Thursday when we go for the scan. I'm sure it rises just because I have doctor phobia. I'm off to see the acupuncturist after the scan so it will be interesting to see what the difference in reading is when I get to her!

Wednesday, 19+6
It seems as though my baby acquired a pair of football boots overnight as she hasn't stopped kicking all morning! The kicks are becoming more frequent and more distinct which is very reassuring to me ahead of the "biggy" scan tomorrow. It has made me feel a lot less anxious, but still praying that all will be well tomorrow. I seem to have the start of indigestion though. Burning in the chest right through to the back. I guess it's not going to be helped by the spicy chicken salad I'm going to eat for dinner!

No comments: