Friday, May 23, 2008

Week 11 To 12

Well here I am, on Friday 23rd May, up to date at 11+2. Not long to go to the magical 12 week mark! I will now try and maintain the blog on a regular basis, adding to my posts every couple of days or when any significant event happens.

Yesterday I had another listen to the babies heartbeat and found it very quickly and easily. I think the trick was to wait until I was absolutely desperate to go to the loo as your bladder pushes your uterus out of your pelvis more. The baby was measuring 160bpm and the placenta 80bpm. I don't think I'll ever get bored of listening to that sound! It's amazing to think there is this little life being created inside me and it has no idea I'm listening to it. Going by the heart rate theory it's looking like this little one may be a girl, but the jury is still out as I feel it's a boy!

I'm pleased to say nausea seems to be on the decline unless I get too hungry. I still can't face dinner most nights though. My new favourite food is a slice of wholemeal bread smothered in raspberry jam with a couple of slices of cheddar on the side! My energy levels seem to have increased a little so I'm wondering if I'll be entering my "blooming period" soon. Seem to be peeing like a racehorse though! I've also felt some mild stretching pains recently but I suppose that's only to be expected.

Oh, did I mention I'm booked in for a nuchal translucency scan on the 29th May. This is to measure the risk of downs syndrome and to look for other fetal abnormalities. I'm quite excited about seeing our baby again as the difference should be amazing. Of course, being the worry wart that I am, I'm also scared of getting there and being told something I don't want to hear.

I'm a little more relaxed though as I do have the reassurance of hearing the heartbeat so I know the baby is alive and well. I'll try and make a recording in the next couple of days and see if I can put it on here.

Sunday 11+4
I had a very disturbed nights sleep and think it was due to heartburn (my new symptom) and not being able to get comfortable in bed. At 4am I ended up getting a cushion and putting it under my tummy to support it while I slept. I think it did the trick as I slept soundly for 4 more hours. Finally, I think I can say my morning sickness seems to be on the way out. I'm not sure if I should be grateful for the break from it or worried that one of my early symptoms is disappearing! I suppose I should consider it normal at this stage as the hormones start to level off as the placenta takes over, and I did hear the heartbeat again yesterday! Nerves are starting to creep in though in anticipation of my scan on Thursday. Yesterday I was very tired most of the day and in a really crabby mood. You didn't want to be in the car when Chris was trying to give me advice on how to parallel park!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie,
Don't worry about the sickness disappearing, enjoy it. Soon you'll start feeling the little bubbles of your baby moving, and that's a much nicer symptom, trust me.
Good luck with the scan tomorrow. Say hi to little baby from me :o) Didi xx