Friday, May 23, 2008

Week 10 To 11

My fetal doppler arrived at the end of this week and I couldn't wait to try it out! It's the Angel Sounds one where you can record the heartbeat onto your computer. I didn't want to expect too much though as they are meant from week 12. I lied on the sofa and put a good blob of Johnson baby oil gel on my lower abdomen and had a bit of a root around. I could hear the whoosh of the placenta which was a reassuring sound and knew the baby shouldn't be far away.

I thought I picked up the heartbeat really easily and was so excited until I counted it and realised it was mine! I was listening to my own pulse through the placenta. I moved the doppler to the left ever so slightly and picked up the unmistakable sound of the rapid heartbeat! I had a count and it was 168bpm! I was so thrilled and reassured to hear that sound and so so excited! Chris came home from work about 15 minutes later and I managed to find it pretty quickly for him to listen to. We both sat there grinning away in awe at the sound of our baby. I was 10+6 when I heard it.

The morning sickness is still very much in full swing this week, but right now I just don't care!

My tummy seemed to get huge this week, well for me anyway, and I had a bit of a clothing crisis. I'm usually pretty stylish and live in my skinny jeans but there was no way on earth they were going to do up. I think they missed by about an inch and a half. I didn't really want to invest in maternity clothes yet as I'm not that big but had to go shopping for some loose fitting bottoms. The jeans are now packed away in the wardrobe as something to aim for after I've had the baby. Doing my best in the chav stakes, loose joggers are now in full force, but at least I can breathe!

Below is a picture of my "bump" at 10+1. It seems a little large to me but I think a lot of it is still bloating and water retention rather than actual baby.

Photobucket


No comments: