Sunday, December 14, 2008

Waking for feeds!

I'm so happy that as the night went on yesterday Isa was getting more and more alert and although I was sticking to the every 3 hour feed schedule she woke me for food! I was so happy as it had only been two and a half hours and she wanted more. She was and still is today very bright and curious. Her eyes are wide open and she's looking all around trying to focus on things. She's feeding like a little trooper too and making tonnes of dirty diapers for us. Chris is learning that once the dirty diaper comes off you need to get her cleaned quickly and a new one in place under her, as he's been caught out twice already with her diaper off and she's wee'd everywhere! All part of the fun of learning. I have her in her little crib by the window to try and get the rest of the jaundice out and she's starting to look a really healthy colour again. My parents are arriving today and staying with us overnight so Chris and I can try and get a good block of sleep in as we're obviously running on empty at the moment. They're going to do the nightime feeds with some expressed milk and hopefully the washing up and clean the apartment too!

No comments: