Monday, December 15, 2008

The heel prick test

We had a visit from the midwife today to check Isa over and to do the heel prick test. She has plasters on both heels now which are almost as big as her tiny feet! She cried and cried bless her. The midwife was very happy with her progress and said it looks as though the jaundice is well on the way out. Her weight had dropped to 3.25kg from 3.49kg birth weight. I've decided to try and re-establish breast feeding again now she is stronger and more alert. I think it's going to be a long and tiring week but hopefully we'll get there in the end. If not I'm going to make the decision to switch over to formula feeding but at least I'll know that I've tried once more. Her umbilical cord dropped off on day 4 and the remainder of the cord came away today so we're all set for the first bath this evening!

No comments: