Thursday, November 20, 2008

Week 37 To 38

Thursday, 37+0
Today I have finally reached "full term" and I'm feeling very happy about it! What a landmark to reach, especially when it all seemed so far away in the early days. This means our little one could be putting in an appearance any time soon. To be honest I feel ready to meet her now so anytime she wants to come out, she would be more than welcome! We seem to be all sorted in the other aspects of our lives. We're finally picking the car up from the garage this afternoon (it's only been there two weeks!), we have found our new apartment to move into, all the last of the baby items have been bought and the hospital bags are packed and ready. So little lady, we're ready when you are!

Last night I had the worst case of indigestion ever. It made me feel so miserable and I didn't know what to do with myself. The pain was horrendous and nothing would shift it or ease it. I took my stomach ulcer medication as that usually does the trick but it didn't seem to touch the sides. The pain went on for about three hours getting stronger in waves. I think poor Chris was worried that it might be more than just indigestion and there was a time when I was wondering that too! I kept thinking to myself, how am I going to cope with labour when I can't even cope with this?! I managed to lay down at 2.30am and get some sleep but I can still feel it rumbling around in the background this morning so I guess I better watch what I eat today.

I think it was maybe brought on by the baby moving position. I'm not sure if she's starting to engage now as two days ago I started getting shooting pains in my cervix and feeling like I needed to wee every 10 minutes. It also felt like my bladder was being head butted! I noticed yesterday that I also had increasing lower back pain around the coccyx area and it felt like the baby was pushing her bottom up in between my ribs. I'm hoping all this pain was for the greater good and when I go and see the doctor next week she'll be engaged and ready to go. She's still wriggling around like anything this morning!

Sunday, 37+3
I've been getting quite a bit of pressure in my cervix and shooting pains on and off for the last couple of days. They've been accompanied by mild contractions and lower backache around the coccyx area too. A few of the contractions have been stronger and I've had to stop what I'm doing and breathe through them. I'm seriously hoping that things are starting to warm up for me now and while I don't think I'm about to go into labour anytime soon I at least hope that this is a sign of the baby engaging.

Anyway, here are a couple of bump pictures taken this evening. We thought we better do them now just in case things start to happen and we don't get another chance! I feel huge!

Bump 37+3

Bump 37+3

No comments: