Thursday, September 18, 2008

Week 28 To 29

Thursday, 28+0
We've just been for the 28 week check-up and scan. I'm pleased to say that everything is looking perfect and on schedule. It was a very thorough scan where all the organs were measured for functionality and growth measurements taken. The heart, brain, kidneys, umbilical cord and placenta all have good blood flow to them. The limb measurements were fine. The head is still a week behind as always but the stomach measurement has caught up. The arms and legs still measure long though! Her estimated weight is 2lb 14oz.

She is currently in breech position sitting on my bladder with her head under my ribs. The doctor wasn't too worried as he said about 30% of babies are breech at this stage and only about 2-3% of those end up being breech by delivery time. He said there was a good level of fluid and the baby had room to turn.

She was her usual uncooperative self during the scan. I even drank a large coke about half hour before but she decided to spend most of it curled up in a ball with her feet and hands covering her face. She was prodded, shaken around, we had the table tilted backwards, tried coughing and all she did was kick the doppler off! We did get some lovely shots of her feet and legs though... Eventually she gave us a tiny glimpse of her face and she is looking beautiful. The changes month to month are amazing. I'll upload some photos shortly.

My blood pressure was really good this time round. In fact it was the lowest reading of the whole pregnancy so we were all pretty happy about that. My weight on the other hand was a bit of a shocker for me! I seem to have gained 8.5lbs in a month. This is almost as much as I've put on over the whole pregnancy so far. I don't feel heavier though and everybody still says I look tiny and have just gained a baby bump but I suppose it must have gone on somewhere! My chest seems to have had a bit of rapid growth this month so I reckon that will be about 2lbs of it, the baby has gained 1.5lbs but I'm not sure where the extra 5lbs has gone! Mmmm, perhaps I need to eat more fruit and less chocolate.....!

28 Week Scan
It seems it takes concentration for these poses!

28 Week Scan
I guess that's all she had to say on the matter...!

28 Week Scan

The pictures below are the select few we did manage to get of her face...

28 Week Scan

28 Week Scan

28 Week Scan

28 Week Scan

28 Week Scan

No comments: