Saturday, September 13, 2008

Week 27 To 28

Saturday, 27+2
I'm having real problems getting comfortable in bed now and sleeping through the night. I wake up countless times with an ache in my tummy, hip or back, or to find I have a sore shoulder or dead arm. I've tried numerous combinations with different pillows and when I think I have something which works for me it's not long before it's uncomfortable again. I feel so tired and grumpy at the moment and like my brain is on a go slow and my patience level is low. The baby is starting to put increasing pressure on my bladder so trips to the toilet in the night are starting to become more frequent just adding to more broken sleep. I think I'm going to try sleeping on top of the duvet tonight to see if the extra padding from that can alleviate some of the soreness in my hips. On the bright side, it's only 5 days until the next scan which I'm really looking forward to. She should have filled out with some fat by now and hopefully we'll get some really good pictures. She appears to be doing well and has been having a good move around with some quite painful kicks to the ribs or bladder depending on position!

Monday, 27+4
I've just been to my first pregnancy yoga class. It was a little strange and something I will have to give more of a chance before I make my mind up on it. The breathing exercises were good, although I had trouble getting the hang of it initially. I also felt a bit like a stranded upturned beetle at a couple of points in the lesson, when I was trying to go from laying on my back to getting up! I'm hoping the classes will help with flexibility and make me more agile in later pregnancy. Also I'm sure the breathing exercises should help in labour. I did get numerous kicks from the baby during the class, one so hard it made me burst out laughing! I guess she was enjoying it anyway.

No comments: