Sunday, November 22, 2009

The heat is on

Bella has been poorly. At first we thought it was just teething again as she always gets horrible nappies when cutting teeth and is a little cranky pants, but last week she had a high temperature which she never gets, even with colds and flu. Thinking it must be more than just teeth we took her into Urgencias at our local hospital and got to see an on-call pediatrician. She said it was an intestinal virus and to feed a bland diet and give her a suspension medicine for a few days. We did all this and she started to get better but today it looks like we're back to square one as her nappies were pure liquid again today. We have another appointment booked for Wednesday so we'll see what the outcome of that one is, although I'm hoping we'll be back to normal before then. Bella is fine in herself now though and has loads of energy and is sleeping well so it seems like it might still be the tale end of the virus, unless it is more teeth on the way. I felt her gums this morning and she has so many new teeth! I felt 4 premolars and bumps further back, so looks like the molars are on the way through too.

In the meantime I'm busy planning for her 1st birthday party which we're holding on Sunday, 6th December. I think I'm more excited about the party than she will be! I can't wait to get cracking on the cake.