Saturday, June 6, 2009

First night in own room

She's been asleep for an hour and I'm missing her already! Seriously, it was time to move her as I think she needs her independence from us. We were starting to wake her when we came to bed, with alarms going off in the morning, Chris' snoring...! In an ideal world I'd have her right next to me at all times but know that isn't practical or realistic so we made the decision this week to move her. In all fairness her room is lovely, a room fit for the princess that she is. I started by getting her to nap in there during the day over the last few days, all be it on me in the nursing chair, but it got her used to going off to sleep and waking up in there. We've also had several play sessions in there too. She's in her cot which she was using in our room anyway so at least her bed is very familiar.

She wasn't up for settling initially even though she was really tired, so I picked her up out of the cot and sat with her in the nursing chair and she was asleep within a minute or two. I transferred her to the cot and she stirred, rolled onto her side (her new favourite sleeping position) and went back off to sleep. Fingers crossed for a good nights sleep for us both, although I'm sure it will be easier for her than it is for me! It will be quite liberating having our bedroom back to ourselves after close on 6 months!

1 comment:

Petra said...

Ava sleeps on her side also! When dave or I lay her in her cot we know if she's ready to fall asleep because she'll roll onto her left side & drape her right arm over her face. It's all very RADA!!