Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Just a quick post to wish everyone a very happy new year. I'm so super excited that my babies will be arriving this year, in fact by the end of next month at the latest!

I had a scan on Wednesday and the babies are doing so well. Twin 1 is estimating 3lb 8oz and Twin 2 at 3lb 10oz. My obs/gynae thinks that I'll make it around the 36-37 week mark as the babies are quite large and both measuring on par with a singleton pregnancy so he doesn't think my uterus will be able to cope with getting much further. As I type I'm 31+1 so they could be here in 5 weeks....eeeeeeeek!

I'm at a huge, uncomfortable stage now as I carry around the combined weight of an average newborn, plus two amniotic sacs and two placentas. No wonder I'm tired, ache and slightly hormonal... I'm back at the hospital on 10th January for a further scan to determine the positions of both babies and to discuss delivery decisions.

Happy 2011 everyone and what a life changing year we're about to have!

1 comment:

Petra said...

A wonderful post to open 2011 hun! Am excited to hear how the next few weeks unfold for Team Biele! X