Friday, December 10, 2010

3rd Trimester I welcome you!

Here I am today at 28 weeks and have just been to the hospital for a scan. I have to confess I was very nervous about the one today as I've had pain and bruising on one side of my bump and was worried something was wrong. Apparently it's nothing to do with the babies or placentas coming away so must be down to the relentless cough that I have, pulling all my muscles.

We had a lovely sonographer who was very kind and patient, the first I've come across on the social system! Both babies are doing very well and are now measuring identically at 27 weeks and 5 days. Twin 1 is 2lb 4oz and Twin 2 is 2lb 5oz. That's a whole lot of baby weight to be carrying around already! The downside of todays scan is that both twins have turned breech and are happily sitting there with their heads together wedged under my ribs. I just hope I can get these little ones to turn back again by the next scan at the hospital in a months time. I have a private 3d scan booked for 30 weeks to have a last decent glimpse of them, so maybe I'll have some good news then. In the meantime it's back to the spinning baby techniques of inversion, muscle relaxation, crawling around on all fours (which I do spend a lot of time doing with my daughter anyway!) and maybe the odd bag of peas on the top of my tummy as you never know!

All in all, a big relief for me today and I'm just so thrilled that both babies are so content. Chances of survival outside of the womb rocket up to 90% at 28 weeks. I found out the hospitals procedure on when to deliver today and if Twin 1 is head down and both babies are growing well then they will leave me until I go into labour naturally... any guesses on when that will be?!

Now I'm off to fill party bags, ice Bellas birthday cake and make her Daddies ready for their party tomorrow!

1 comment: