Friday, June 20, 2008

Week 15 To 16

Friday 15+1
The time seems to be flying by right now! I started to have a panic the other day about what we'd need to get for the baby, all the essentials etc, so have finally compiled a list of must haves! I love to be organised and find I can relax more if I'm prepared. I'm off to the UK at the beginning of July to do some essential baby shopping as I truly believe there is a much better selection there than in Spain. I'm also not too familiar with the different spanish brands so will be sticking with tried and tested UK ones!

I'm constantly on the lookout for any signs of baby movement this week. I know it's due to start soon. I have had a couple of odd sensations which may be a pre-cursor to movement but nothing definite yet to "know" it's the baby. I have heard a couple of kicks whilst listening to her on the doppler though, just can't wait to feel them. My 16 week scan and antenatal appointment has been brought forward two days so I will be seeing our baby again on Tuesday afternoon. Can't wait!

Monday 15+4
I feel really good today and almost like I may be entering the much talked about blooming period - finally! My skin seems to have cleared from my rashy type spots and has a kind of glow to it and my hair is beginning to feel like hair again rather than straw. I have been sleeping well recently and have a full appetite back so am managing to eat all the healthy things I went off initially like fruit and vegetables. My tummy seems to be growing by the day. Below is a picture taken yesterday evening at 15+3. It's great to finally be looking pregnant rather than just fat!


I'm very excited about my 16 week antenatal appointment tomorrow and really hope we are able to get the gender confirmed as I'm dying to buy something for the baby!

Tuesday 15+5
Well, the gender has been confirmed and we're having a girl! The doctor said it was very clear that she's a girl so I guess I can now start shopping for pink with confidence. The scan itself was short but good. The baby is measuring a few days behind schedule at the moment but I was told not to worry as they all grow at their own pace from now on. The main thing is that everything is measuring in proportion. He said the head was slightly smaller on dates than the rest but only slightly so wasn't a problem. I guess it will be easier to push out a baby with a smaller head anyway! The brain was developing normally which was the most important thing. The heartbeat was strong and regular at 150bpm. The baby wasn't overly active as I think she'd just woken up. She had a good stretch and pulled her knee up toward her like she was warming up! We didn't get any 3d images today though as every time he went to capture the image she'd move and her head would be out of shot. I am promised lots of lovely images and a dvd at the 20 week anomaly scan. Oh, and I was very happy to have gained 2kgs in weight. I've been struggling to put any on so I think this is a good start!

No comments: